Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Destinations :: Delhi


http://www.bagchiblog.blogspot.com

Sun setting over Ramakrishna Puram

Having been recruited for the Central Civil Services my official career took me several times to Delhi at various levels of the government. Resultantly, I spent more than thirteen years of my service career at Delhi, more than four and a half years of which were spent on deputation with the Union Public Service Commission. That does not mean I did not go out in the field.
Post Beating the Retreat illumination
I worked for almost a tenure in undivided Madhya Pradesh, a tenure each in Maharashtra and North East and for truncated tenures in
Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir. Andhra Pradesh, and West Bengal.

I
My wife out on the big verandah with governebt flats in the background
had developed an abiding interest in photography but, unfortunately, I did not have a camera when I was posted in most photogenic place like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir. Even during tenure with the UPSC I did not have a camera mostly because I couldn’t afford one. Only in 1975 when my sister came for her
Viewing South Block with a filter on
sabbatical I acquired her Minolta SRT 102 on payment of only the customs duty loveable on it. I still have it but it has since been overtaken by obsolescence with the emergence of new breed of smart digital cameras which too, in turn, have been put in the shade by the cell-phone cameras.

Together after a long time at Delhi in my official house
Delhi was the first place where I learnt to wield what was then a new sophisticated camera. Only a very few of the results of my effort are mounted here

1 comment:

Rukesh Prasad said...


Thank you so much for impressive blog!
Find the best Secret Camera Price in Madhya Pradesh India for Sale at low cost on Spy Camera India. Buy and sell new version of spy hidden camera direct Dealers. If you know more information about hidden camera then, contact on (9999332499, 9999332099).









DISAPPEARING FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION

http://www.bagchiblog.blogspot.com Rama Chandra Guha, free-thinker, author and historian Ram Chandra Guha, a free-thinker, author and...