Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Funny ways of BSNL


http://www.bagchiblog.blogspot.com



Two days ago internet eluded us for the entire day. One did not lodge a complaint under the impression that it was a temporary disruption. But it continued much beyond the working hours when I decided to lodge a complaint. However to get the number of complaints booking proved to be as difficult. One has to feed in the telephone number and the STD code. When I fed the four-digit STD code it would inexplicably expand to eight digits and the operator was not able to register the complaint. I gave it up as a bad job.

I tried once again around six in the evening. This time without my feeding the number for the customer care executive the system on its own landed me up with the executive. She took down everything and asked me to hold giving me a false sense of relief. I thought I was through this time; but no, she came back on the line saying she was unable to get through as the server was working at very low speed and she was not able to have the complaint registered.

This was an entirely new phenomenon. The staff manning the complaint redressal system themselves had a complaint about the speed of the server. On my query whether she was not located at Bhopal she said no, she was in Rajasthan. This is the second time I was told that the complaints call centres of MP Telecom are located not in MP but in Rajasthan. The justification for farming out this important system of redressal of grievances that are not small in number to a place not within the Circle is what beats me.

But it is BSNL that does these extraordinary things. One hears that it is going to wind up soon. One wishes it Godspeed.


No comments:

DISAPPEARING FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION

http://www.bagchiblog.blogspot.com Rama Chandra Guha, free-thinker, author and historian Ram Chandra Guha, a free-thinker, author and...